Alright wanks. I haven’t heard anything about the hash this weeks from the lazy ass hares. In the meantime, get your ass out to the Beer Mile Tuesday night!!!! Looks like 60 or so people will show.
1521 Palm Street
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps on a track
(Start – beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap – finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the
transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish
line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter
of the transition zone to ensure the comptitors run a complete mile
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps (past rule lists only required
ladies to drink three beers).
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be
less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent).
Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least
12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage
by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega
mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no
shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by
the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or
other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades
will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage
brewed from malt and flavored with hops. For an abbreviated list of valid
beers and exceptions, click here.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the
transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete
one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the
completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomitting more than once
during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.