So You Wanna be a Hare?
Congrats! By clicking here, this means you’re either interested in laying trail, or someone has intimidated you into doing it. We do a hareraising “run” (where people call dibs on dates they want) about every 6-8 weeks for future dates. Date and time are posted on FB and on the website at least 2 weeks in advance. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
You, as the Hare, need to supply:
1. Knowledge of the proper use of trail markings 2. Flour (at least 5 lbs per hare for a well-marked trail)
3. A six pack (hares do get to keep their $1)
4. A map (or at least directions) to the beer stop and ending, to give the beer hares so they will know where to take the cooler.
The hash provides snacky-foods, and a communal “beer casket”.
Guidelines for Haring:
1. Don’t be stingy with the flour. You can get a 5lb bag at Rouses for like a buck fiddy. It’s better to have too much than not enough.
2. True trail is usually 3-5 miles long, as a general rule. We don’t come to Voodoo to run a ballbuster.
3. Keep in mind that if your start and end are very far apart, people will piss & moan about having to get rides back to their vehicles.
4. Anything else is fair game… Some of us like shiggy, and some don’t… you’re the hare so you get to make the call!
Other than that, just have fun!