If you missed InterAmericas, you missed a great time, including some things like:
– 1300 something hashers (of the 1500 originally rego’d), thus far the biggest IAH yet! The male/female ratio was about even, and over 50% were hashers above the age of 50. You’re never too old to hash!
– 200 kegs PLUS 100 something additional cases of beer (and I heard most of it was left un-drank! Slackers!)
– 20 different trails to choose from
– Opening/closing ceremonies and nightly debauchery on the field of Grayson Stadium
– Dinner at the stadium, including BBQ and a low country boil
– Two hashpitality suites open around the clock (except for 5am on Friday, which is when Chum Dumpster, Everything Butt Sex, Mexican Gum Job, and I arrived after our long-ass drive from New Orleans.)
– A ‘clothing optional’ pool at the Doubletree
– Impromptu daiquiri trail Sunday morning at Wet Willie’s. Oh wait, there were only 4 of us…
– Butt Sex losing his Vibrams in the shiggy and running the Carolina Trash trail barefoot
– 90 something hashers at the Jacksonville trail forming a giant “tunnel” by reaching out their arms, and making all the tourists walk through it as they got off the ferry
– The most brilliant dice game ever. “SOCIAL!!!”
– The traveling statue of Jack Daniel (he even has his own Facebook page!)
– Drunken kickball at the stadium
– Saturday night cotillion with everybody in their Southern finery
– Tequila Cockingbird from Portland winning Ms. IAH, with a FUCKING AWESOME hash song to the tune of “Bust a Move”
– Fahrfromfucken from the Trash winning Mr. IAH by… I dunno, being Fahr. Runner up was some guy who did a butt chug off his own ass.
– Surly Temple and Mo Ho from Atlanta getting MARRIED on stage at the stadium. The ceremony was officiated by Lost & Fucked (also from Atlanta), dressed as Elvis. Their vows included “this ring is a symbol that your cock/pussy belongs to me”. Awww, how romantic.
– Did I mention naked people in the pool?
– And probably some more stuff I forgot
And we missed YOU!
So as I mentioned in this week’s trail announcement: IAH 2013 will be held over Labor Day weekend in Panama! Yes, you will need your passport for this one! For more information or to rego, visit IAH2013.com. Cost is $169 ’til the end of October, and it only goes up from there. Hope to see you in 2013!